Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Walt Disney World Planning Timeline

Hi there Disney friends,

I have been talking to friends and one of the questions that I keep getting asked is how to plan a Disney vacation. So with that in mind, I have looked at my previous posts and feel that I may have gotten ahead of myself; therefore, I want to go back and focus on planning.

Here is a generic plan and I will spend some time on the specifics in the next few posts.

Approximately 1 year prior to trip determine when you would like to go.

7-9 months prior to determined/generic dates of vacation research on budget (to determine if you are going to stay on site/number of days/park hopper/meal plan,) park hours (especially extra magic hours) and resorts

180 days prior to visit book any dining that you would like to take part

breath

4-6 months prior to vacation book resort (at this point you should have specific dates and decide on meal plan and number of days of tickets--this is to you can book any specials that are happening)

breath

60 days prior to visit (if staying on site)--book your fastpasses (by this point you definitely need to have your dates decided)

breath

2 weeks prior to trip--start looking at the weather

1 week prior to trip--pack

Enjoy

I know that this may seem like a lot of work for a vacation and many people do have an issue with the amount of planning for relaxation, but once you have things lined up, things begin to fall in place. Also, I am here to help. As a travel agent that focuses on Disney, I can answer many of your questions about resorts, meal plans, and number of days to spend in the parks. So, if I can be of help, please comment below and I will get back to you or e-mail me at brian.herndon@mousemadesimple.com and I will be glad to help meet your specific needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment